Adding a new asset (token) and closing a token account
- While on your portfolio tab, scroll down to find the ADD NEW ASSET option and click or tap on it.
You will then be taken to the Create Token Account Screen.
- Look for the name of your desired token or paste the token’s address if it’s not yet listed.
- Click or tap +Add.
Note: If you add the token address of an unlisted or newly created token it may not show up immediately on mobile.
If you see multiple tokens with the same or similar name we advise you to use websites like https://www.coingecko.com/ and doublecheck the token address to avoid scams.
Solana charges a fee for storing data on its blockchain, such as token balances, NFTs, or other information, in “accounts.” This fee is known as “rent” and is approximately 0.002 SOL. The rent fee is charged because keeping data on-chain takes up space. Once you close any token account you get the “rent” fee back!
That’s it. Now let’s close an account.
Close New Token Account
- While on your portfolio tab, scroll down to find your desired token.
- Tap on it, and make sure you have 0 (zero, zip, zilch, nada) of that token.
- If you do have some of it left, try swapping for SOL, or another token of your preference or burning them.
- Click or tap on the 3 dots, which will then prompt you with a menu.
- Select Close Account.