How to revoke permissions within your Solflare wallet (Extension)
⚠️ Solana Hack August 3rd 2022
There has been an ongoing exploit affecting primarily Phantom and Slope users on Solana. Below is a quick explanation of what you can do to protect yourself. We are investigating the issue and will keep posting updates as soon as we have them.
- Transfer any funds from your digital wallets to a hardware wallet like Ledger. Here’s a guide on how to connect your funded Solflare wallet to Ledger and here’s a guide on how to do so with Keystone.
- If you don’t have a hardware wallet, generate a new Solflare wallet and transfer funds there.
- You can also choose to withdraw your funds directly to a CEX (centralized exchange) like Binance or FTX. If you decide to send assets to a CEX please be sure to double-check if the tokens you are sending are supported by the platform.
Also, you can bulk send your NFTs rather than send them 1 by 1, by using Famous Fox Federation’s bulk NFT transfer tool.
Keep in mind that disconnecting from a particular dApp or site, will only stop that dApp from viewing your wallet address, and tokens, and initiating new transactions. Previously approved token transfers and recurring transactions will not be stopped by doing this. However, revoking a transaction will.
- Extension: Go to settings, then security, and finally trusted apps, then find the URL of the site you want to revoke your permission and remove it. This guide will show you how to do this on the extension.
- Solflare Mobile App: Go to the settings tab, then Security -> Manage Apps -> Select the desired dApp -> click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner and finally -> Remove App and confirm.
- Open your Solflare extension.
- Click the Settings tab on the bottom right.
- Click Security.
- Click Trusted Apps.
- Click on the button to the right of the URL of the app you would like to revoke the permissions of.
- Make sure the app you clicked is the one you want to remove and click Remove.
You’re All Set
Well, that was easy.