How to Import your Solana wallet into Solflare Using a Private Key
Sometimes, you just need to relocate where your tokens are. This guide will show you how to do just that.
We will use Phantom’s interface as an example but the process is the exact same for Slope or any other wallet that provides you access to the private key.
For clarity’s sake, the private key is not the mnemonic/recovery phrase. Your mnemonic unlocks the private key that then gives you access to your capital. Usually, you will not need to utilize the private key but some wallets will give you access to it.
If a wallet does not give you access to your private key, as is the case with Sollet, you can simply input your mnemonic phrase into Solflare’s wallet access page and you should be good to go.
- Open your Phantom wallet extension and click the settings button on the bottom right.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Export Private Key.
- You’ll be prompted to input that password and once you have done so, click Next.
- This password is the one you generated, not your mnemonic/recovery phrase.
- After inputting your password, you’ll see your private key on the screen.
- This key will be imported into the Solflare wallet next so it is important to have this copied down in a safe place.
- Now go to your Solflare wallet and click on the account switcher on the top right.
- Click Import a new wallet and then Import private key.
- Lastly, set up a name for your imported wallet, paste the private key and click ADD.
- Note: This can also be done using the mobile wallet option.
- View your imported wallet as a new token account that is accessible with your Solflare mnemonic/recovery phrase.
Now you can easily switch between token accounts in the Solflare settings panel.